Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines for school

We had 54 valentines to give at school this year. Yes, that is just one child's list. So, this picture isn't even all of the valentine's we made. But it's a good representation.



And being on a budget, I needed something inexpensive and quick, but hopefully still cute. Don't we all need something like that? So, here's what we came up with:


Just some pretty scrapbook paper (heavy kind, so it was sturdy paper), a printer, scissors, and a lollipop. We printed words onto the 8 1/2 x 11 paper, then, by folding the paper down the center of the words, cut out completely imperfect heart shapes around the words. We got 6 to fit onto one sheet of paper.


Cut slits above and below the words and poked the sucker in.



Same idea with this one, but no hearts to cut out and it used up the scraps of the 12 x 12 paper I had cut into 8 1/2 x 11. The "o" has a center hole cut out by a hole punch. A bigger punch might've been better. But it's what we had.



My favorite one is just the heart one. Made a ton and for only $2, because I only had to buy the lollipops. SWEET!

1 comment:

Washington Hills said...

Okay, I thought I was doing good spending only $10 on two kids - nevermind! I have to be honest, Valentine's really is my least favorite holiday. Always has been. Nothing personal to Hallmark. Just feels like we're spending money on candy for no reason at all...But I do remember loving it as a kid. I guess I'm getting crotchety in my old age.

Go you!