At the suggestion of Annie, I am going to include some of my crazy craft ideas. I hadn't planned on including that in this blog, since it was originally just an outlet for random thoughts. But that's just what some of my crafts are: random. So, here's this week's little idea (with a picture! what luck!).
I wanted a headboard for my room (married 8 years, and master bedroom is the last to get the attention it deserves--and still this is only a temporary fix!) The headboard had to meet some pretty stringent limitations:
1. had to be dirt cheap
2. had to be easy to move or disposable
3. had to be big impact and add weight to my light room
4. had to be interesting enough to look unique but good
5. had to be done with little or no prep
6. had to come together fairly quickly (not a ton of contruction.)
Here's the inspiration: (found at anthropolgie.com, cost: $998)
My cost: $9 to make this headboard. I used yarn. Wrapped pvc pipe and two golf balls in yarn. I used tacky glue to attach the yarn to the wall in the pattern above. Gives it a little 3-d effect and moldability.